Editor's note: This was originally posted in April but as the school year starts, several educators have shared a desire to get going with Google this year. Here are ways you can go ahead and do that.
Here are five ideas for innovative educators who want to get going with Google Apps in Education.
- First you'll want to read this article about how to, "Get Going with Google Apps in Your School."
- Once you're ready to get started you'll need to create a new domain. To learn how read, "Get Started with Google Apps for Education with a New Domain."
- Find dozens of other educators using Google Apps in Education who would be happy to help you get started at this link.
- Connect with others using Google by joining the group for Google for educators.
- If you have money in your budget to hire someone to support this work, you may want to hire a company like Teaching Matters. They have a program in place that helps schools set up their account and then supports them on site to help teachers begin using the program.
For more information around why Google Apps in Education, watch this video: