Here’s how it works:
Admins can choose from a variety of template programs, such as career advancement, skill development, or encouragement and support, and select the one that best fits their community’s needs.
Group members can sign up to be a mentor or a mentee then create a profile indicating what they’re looking for support with, or how they might be able to provide support. All group members can see these answers and start a mentorship conversation with you in Messenger.
- Share what you need help with: Talk about the kind of support you need.
- Be yourself: Mention a hobby or interest. It will help people to get to know you.
- Describe what kind of mentor you need: Include qualities or specific kinds of experience that will help you.
- Reaching you: List your preferred ways and times to communicate.
Here is what happens each week
Get to Know Each Other Introduce yourself and share what you hope to get out of this program. Discuss what will make this mentorship more successful like how you prefer to communicate and what your schedule is like. Tell each other about your current jobs. What do you love about it? What do you wish was different?
Week 2 – 7: Continue Getting to Know Each Other
During these weeks topics discussed include:
- What was your first job?
- What's a good piece of advice someone gave you?
- Describe a trip you took that was memorable.
- If you had a free day, how would you spend it?
- Talk about someone you admire
- What's something you've done that you're proud of?
Week 8: Identify Your Strengths
Make a list of your favorite and least inspiring parts of your work. Discuss ways your career can be aligned to interests.
Week 9: Setting Goals
What career goals fit your strengths? What small steps you can take to achieve your career goals.
Week 10: Making a Plan
Work with your mentor to identify what steps you need to take in order to achieve your goal in the ideal amount of time.
Week 11: Measuring Success
Take some time to reflect on your progress so far. Have you reached some of your goals?
Week 12: Celebrating Wins
Review all that you have accomplished together!
What do you think? Is this something you would want to be a part of in a group in which you participate? How could you use this in your work?