While some may associate Khan Academy with math videos, today, it is much more. Khan Academy now has Khan Academy Kids with thousands of educational games, books, and activities for children ages 2-8.
Kids can learn reading, phonics, writing, and social-emotional development through fun educational games and lessons. Find a variety of activities, from ABC games for kids to 2nd-grade books. Students can learn with catchy songs and yoga videos – while having fun moving, dancing, and getting the wiggles out. Khan Academy Kids is completely free, forever—no ads or subscriptions necessary.
Generative Artificial Intelligence (Gen AI)
There are numerous Generative AI platforms available to support learning to read from the popular ChatGPT to Bing, Bard, Claude, etc. Here are some ideas for doing that, with more detail on each in this post.
- Adaptive Content: Tailor reading passages to individual reading levels and languages, providing a personalized learning experience.
- Create Personalized Stories and Songs: Create custom stories featuring students or write educational songs to make vocabulary learning fun.
- Reading Comprehension Support: Utilize AI to develop questions that challenge and enhance reading comprehension skills.
Common Sense Education
- Customized Search: With filters for topic, grade level, device type, subject, cost, and more, finding the right resources is streamlined and efficient.
- Reliable Ratings: An overall learning rating helps educators quickly identify quality resources to suit their students' needs.