So, how might you Flip Your Instruction? Here are some learning ideas, teaching ideas, and resources and samples to inspire you.
- Learning Ideas
- How To Book -> How To Video
- About Me Book -> About Me Video
- My neighborhood report -> My neighborhood video
- Book report -> book trailer
- Tell your family’s stories (Flip Your Homework by bringing a Flip home)
- PSA or Advertisement
- What is your B Side (Personal narrative of the you people may not know)
- Teaching Ideas
- Students can create video tips for becoming better readers or writers. Teachers can create the first few sample videos.
- Students can create video tips for ways their parents can support them with their reading or writing.
- Students create videos with questions about reading or writing to be answered by others. Students or global community.
- Inspiration for student work ideas
- Inspiration for video ideas
- Voicethread provides a feedback forum for video projects
- Teaching video ideas
(Have students or parents create or star in these!)