Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Stay connected this summer by becoming a connected educator

Just because the school year ends doesn't mean the learning stops among innovative educators. Instead they stay connected. What does that look like? Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach does a terrific job of explaining  in the below infographic ways we can stay connect in the summer and across the school year.  How will you stay connected this summer and beyond?

Infographic showing a day in the life of a connected educator - teachers using social media
Read the original post on the Powerful Learning Practices blog at this link.

As I read through a day in Susan's life, I could very much relate as I use all those wonderful tools and resources each week.  What about you?  Which of these tools do you use, not use or wonder about?  

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lisa,
    Thank you for sharing Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach’s example of the daily life of a connected educator. It was interesting for me to read the variety of programs highlighted (Facebook, Flickr, Skype, Twitter), as they are all examples of websites or programs that I find myself visiting on a daily basis. It is so easy to extract time from my personal life for viewing and interacting with each website. However, as a teacher, I only (very) occasionally use Skype in an educational manner. This realization highlights the disparity between my personal connectedness and the connectivity I bring into my classroom. It is certainly likely that my ten-year old students are just as involved with these, and many other programs and websites, on a daily basis, too. How backwards it seems that the largest portion of their day, in which they are without access to the internet or a computer, is during the time that they spend in the classroom, supposedly learning and enhancing their knowledge. This certainly has helped me to establish a goal for increasing my “educational connectivity” on a daily basis. Now if only it was easier to tear myself away from Pinterest…

    ReplyDelete