Monday, November 7, 2011

Pronunciator lets you learn a foreign language without costly programs or software


pronunciator-header-shadow.jpgPronunciator (http://www.pronunciator.com) is a free and comprehensive self-paced language-learning program  offering 3 million self-guided lessons across 60 languages. Each lesson is accompanied by a native speaker, a culture-neutral pictogram, and a translation in your selected language.

pronunciator-screenshot.jpgYou can score your pronunciation in real time, jump into virtual conversations with native speakers, and play back your recordings. With Pronunciator you can assign lessons to students and have them save and share the results of quizzes that test pronunciation, vocabulary, comprehension, and spelling. The program can also be a boon for self-motivated students to learn languages not regularly taught in schools like Greek, Swahili, Polish, and Vietnamese.

Pronunciator works in any browser that has Flash installed, and requires no download. Registration is optional (and also free). Registering allows you to save your score results and better organize your progress through each language.

5 comments:

  1. I have checked the Pronunciator for Romanian and it`s perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's picky, but a website is software.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thanx, this is cool they even have some materials for my native language Malay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, it's not free. 20 bucks per month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a Spanish teacher, I'm always looking for technology that will lead my students down the "speaking" path. I was happy with Pronunciator till I started reviewing the verbs. I've been teaching for 20 years, have lived in Spain and Mexico and visited Argentina. I join conversation groups regularly and was horrified to see "ello" used as a pronoun for 3rd person singular S-V agreement.

    Also, in the Italian, when I use the accent for "più" it gives me a yellow light & shows me the correct answer is "piu'. Then when I do that, it reverse the situation! AAAH! I can live with that because I know "più" is correct but what about the novice learner who doesn't have the background. This is a program with potential but user beware!

    ReplyDelete