Monday, July 18, 2011

Connecting School Life to Real Life

My 140 Character Conference talk on August 2nd focuses on connecting school life to real life.  In the talk I ask the question, "If school should be preparing young people for the world, why does the world behind school doors look so different from the world outside those doors?" I explain that if we want students to be successful in the real world, schools need to get better at connecting school life to real life and give students the freedom to learn.

Here is the presentation I used as I spoke.  It was created so others can download, copy/edit and share.  I invite others to take and share these ideas. 
Click on the picture and the presentation will open in a new window.

Here is the talk.


I was thrilled to be joined by some of the most influential members of my PLN on this day including Chris Lehmann, Tom Whitby, Steve Anderson, Christian Long, Adam Bellow, Shelley Krause, Dale J. Stephens and others!!!!
_________________________
If you are a 21st educator, this is one event you should attend.  There is a special rate of only $1.40 for educators.  Shhh...don't tell.  Regular folk have to pay like $140 bucks.  You can find the educator application here.  I hope you'll be able to attend.  If you have any presentation feedback, please share.  

No comments:

Post a Comment