|The Schoolwide Enrichment Model is Alive at The Island School|
Mindshift pulled together nine key points we discussed during the talk along with some additional thoughts from John Seely Brown, co-author of A New Culture of Learning: Cultivating the Imagination for a World of Constant Change, and educator Jackie Gerstein.
Here are the nine tenants of passion-based learning
- REACH OUT TO THE DISENFRANCHISED.
- SHOW RELEVANCE TO LIFE OUTSIDE SCHOOL.
- INDOCTRINATE PASSION INTO THE SYSTEM.
- TRY USING THE SCHOOLWIDE ENRICHMENT MODEL.
- DIGITAL MEDIA IS KEY.
- TAP INTO THE WISDOM OF YOUR TRUSTED PEERS.
- BECOME A DIGITAL CITIZEN.
- PASSION IS INFECTIOUS.
- CONNECT WITH PARENTS.
To read about each idea and the rest of the article visit this link.