Monday, July 18, 2011

Ditch Tweets, emails, status updates, blog posts, and more with the Google+ diet

Mike Elgan's profile photoMike Elgan is conducting the Google+ Diet. The idea is to slim down a bloated social networking lifestyle by using only Google+ for all communication. Mike has given up Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and about a dozen other services, and replaced them with Google+.  He's even given up e-mail! I found his post on G+ explaining what he loves about Google+ in general and the Google+ Diet in particular really helpful.  


To follow is how he explains you can replace other forms of communication with Google Plus. Instead of saying, "I'm going to write a blog post now," or "I'm going to send an e-mail" or "I think I'll tweet something" you simply say what you have to say, then decide who you're going to say it to.

Here's how!

Blog Post
Address it to "Public."

Tweet
Address it to "Your Circles."
Newsletter
Address it to "Your Customers."

Email
Address it to a "single person."

I'd agree with Mike and say this is pretty revolutionary.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad I have to wait for Google to add it to Google Apps for Education...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a point at which the domination of GoogleWorld is too much?

    ReplyDelete