|Trunk with her son in cello class that she drives four hours to get him to and from.|
|Trunk's son collecting the hay his goats will eat.|
For those interested in being lifelong learners in the 21st century, Trunk shares some of my thoughts around personal learning networks as well as ideas about passion-based learning and unschooling.
Below is Penelope Trunk’s advice for those adults who want to be lifelong learners.
1. When it comes to learning, keep your bar very high.
2. Walk a narrow path so you can keep learning to jump off the path.
3. Learn by way of discovering what you care about, and not the other way around.
4. Cater to your learning style.
5. Accept that lifelong learning is a huge time investment.
6. Spend as much time unlearning as you do learning.
To read an explanation of each idea and the rest of the article visit this link.