Saturday, February 11, 2012

I don't support daddy laptop shooter Tommy Jordan

Message to Tommy Jordan's daughter:  


Hannah, I can relate to how you might have felt. It must be heartbreaking to have your Dad see you as his adversary. 

It is frustrating when there is someone else who seems to be controlling and dictating everything you do. Like you, I wanted to be trusted and empowered to make and be responsible for my own decisions when I was a teen (and now!). When that is the case you can get credit for being your wonderful self rather than just acting because you're following someone else's orders.

A Mother or Father can parent by control OR by compassion and mutual respect. One of these will foster a loving relationship. The other, one of compliance and fear.

I wish you the best and hope you know there are many people who support you.


Sincerely, Lisa


Readers of this blog:
If you feel the same way, I welcome you to share words of support to Tommy Jodan's daughter at this link. If you disagree, there are many other places to share such sentiments. This blog and the group are not those places. Please respect the intent of each.


For further insight into this story via the sentiments of a blogger I respect and agree with, read this.

If you are unaware of the story you can watch the video below.

8 comments:

  1. An "innovative educator" who tries to stifle disagreement is no educator at all. I pray that nobody I know is ever "educated" by you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Toolio,
      If you read more than one post on this blog, you will find that I am not someone who stifles disagreement. If you want to disagree, there are more than 1000 posts here for you to do that. If you want to share why you agree with this man, there are many places to do that too.

      The purpose of this particular post that I am sharing on my blog is to be a place to offer support to this young lady and others who can relate to her.

      I'm sorry you pray no one you know will be educated by me, but if they were, I would certainly support them too in this situation. I would also honor their passions, talents, interests, abilities, and learning styles, but, of course, that is another post.

      Delete
  2. This is not a case of stifling disagreement at all, nor is it "innovative education"to say that what this father did was abhorrent in most people's eyes. Reasonable people, educators or not, know that unloading nine shots into a laptop is a violent, and vindictive act - not an act anyone would equate with good parenting skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @vvtechleader,
      Appreciate your insight. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Excellent post agree with what you say. Thoughts and wishes to Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say thumbs up to the dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand this fathers frustration. His daughter was completely disrespectful and this was not the first time. This is the man who provides for her food, shelter, clothes, takes her where she has to go, makes sure her health needs are taken care of, he takes care of all her needs and wants. If she wants to disobey them and make all her own decisions then she needs to get out and pay her own way. In reality the laptop was not even hers. Her parents bought it so it belonged to them. Therefore he could do whatever he wanted to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, nope. THis is balony. Dad did right thing

    ReplyDelete