Friday, December 11, 2009

The Innovative Educator Nominated for The Edublog Awards!

The Innovative Educator has been nominated for an Edublog Award. I am honored to be included among a list of some fantastic bloggers who I regard in high esteem. I credit my personal learning network for being the inspiration for the birth of this blog. They are my blog family (though they don’t know it) and it is their voices that guide and inform much of what appears in this blog. This includes Will Richardson Weblogg-ed (my blog father), Lucy Calkins Teachers College Reading and Writing Project (my blog mother), Jim McDermott
Techomnivore (my blog brother), Penelope Trunk The Brazen Careerist (my blog sister). My blog family taught me 1) that every educator and student is an author Lucy Calkins, 2) Those Who Publish Set the Agenda - Will Richarson 3) The importance of being and having mentors – Penelope Trunk 4) Attention is influence and the importance of educators having a voice – Jim McDermott. I also thank my newest additions to this blog, my contributors each of whom provide a unique perspective as one of the most experienced and well respected innovative educators Jeff Branzburg and the up and coming voice in education innovation Dana Lawit. I also want to extend my sincere appreciation for this Thoughts By Jen post where I first saw I was nominated.

I also want to thank those of you who visit this space to discover information and ideas about educating innovatively…especially those who are following this blog and those who contribute to the conversation with your comments. I encourage you to take a look at the terrific line up of great education blogs you have to read...then, have your voice heard and vote for your favorite.

Best Individual Edublog 2009

Nominations in alphabetical order

  1. 2 Cents Worth
  2. Always Learning Blog
  3. Betchablog
  4. Blogush
  5. Blue Skunk Blog
  6. Dangerously Irrelevant
  7. dy/dan
  8. edte.ch
  9. Education Innovation
  10. elearnspace
  11. Free Technology for Teachers
  12. Ideas and Thoughts
  13. Informal Learning Blog
  14. Integrating ICT into the MFL classroom
  15. Jane’s eLearning Pick of the Day
  16. Joanne Jacobs
  17. Kalinago English
  18. Kathy Schrock’s Kaffeeklatsch
  19. Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites Of The Day For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL
  20. Learning Is Messy
  21. Learning Vision
  22. Learning with ‘e’s
  23. Making Change
  24. Moving At The Speed Of Creativity
  25. Open Thinking
  26. Pair-a-Dimes for Your Thoughts
  27. ProfBlog
  28. Scholastic Scribe
  29. Six Things
  30. Social Media in Learning
  31. Stephen Downes OLDaily
  32. Sue Waters Blog
  33. Teacher Reboot Camp
  34. The Ed Techie
  35. The Innovator Educator
  36. The Neverending Search Blog
  37. Weblogg-ed

No comments:

Post a Comment