I’m admittedly concerned about who’s behind the council, headed by former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and former West Virginia Gov. Bob Wise, (when did politicians become education experts???) but upon first review the elements seem to make sense. Here they are:
10 Elements of High Quality Digital Learning
- Student Eligibility: All students are digital learners.
- Student Access: All students have access to high quality digital content and online courses.
- Personalized Learning: All students can customize their education using digital content through approved provider.
- Advancement: Student progress based on demonstrated competency.
- Content: Digital content, instructional materials, and online and blended learning courses are high quality.
- Instruction: Digital instruction and teachers are high quality.
- Providers: All students have access to multiple high quaility providers.
- Assessment and Accountability: Student learning is the metric for evaluating the quality of content and instruction.
- Funding: Funding creates incentives for performance, options and innovation.
- Delivery: Infrastructure supports digital learning.
If you want to get involved, visit www.digitallearningnow.com a national campaign to advance policies that will create a high quality digital learning environment to better prepare students with the knowledge and skills to succeed in college and careers.