I have almost none of what my teachers used to call "self-discipline." Instead of discipline, I am driven by passion. Now that I'm in my forties, I want to share what I've learned about learning.Idzie Desmarais author of I'm Unschooled. Yes, I Can Write shares this.
Unschooling creates people who are motivated! The act of placing the power over learning and life into the individual's hands is both empowering and motivating. What this motivation people see in unschoolers really is, is simply a joy in learning and discovery that is found far more rarely among those who are schooled.Their sentiments aren’t unique. Unschoolers seem to have loved their learning experience and they want you to know it. If you want to hear it, then you’ll appreciate this compilation of profiles of grown unschoolers.
Life Learning Magazine - Personalized, non-coercive, active, interest-led learning from life (unschooling)
- Ilana Ofgang, jazz musician, age 24
- Patrick Meehan, video game entrepreneur, age 29
- Laura Brion, musician, urban agriculturalist, age 24
- Brian Walton, librarian, age 27
- Selina Hunt, industrial designer, age 26
- Hannah Thompson: "My unschooling experience has taught me to follow my passion without restraint."
- Anna J. Cook: "The experience of unschooling helped me to remain confident in myself."
- Cheyenne La Vallee: "Everyone has it in themselves to be passionate and motivated."
- Jaclyn Dolamore: "Art and stories are woven through the fabric of every subject."
- Continuing the Family Business - Cameran Malloy knows her career after college will be that of pharmacist
- Peter Kowalke realizes he should be a professional journalist.
- Worldschooler Eli Gerzon - Promotes education through travel
- Salina Hunt: Off to School - Art school!
- J.R. Morgan - From Securities Analyst to Law School
- Journalism with Jaime Hopkins
- Kate Fridkis: Embracing the Weird
- Blake Boles on Unschooling : College Without High school
- Peter Kowalke: Grown homeschoolers-What are they doing now?
- Laura Grace Weldon: Free Range Learning
- Stella: The idea of university popped into my head"
- Brenna McBroom:More time is more freedom
- Jessica Barker: "Redefining Success."
- Eli Gerzon:"I love my life."
- Cameron Lovejoy: "Is this what I want to be doing the day I die?
- Idzie's view: Unschooled for Life
- Yoga Instructor: Young People bypassing High School
- Ballerina - Young People bypassing High School