So, you’ve started a Facebook page. Congrats! However, Facebook is no fun unless there are others there with you. Here are ten things you can do to drive members to your Facebook page today.
- Invite people to like your page Go to the top right side of your page where it says “Friends.” Under that it says “Invite your friends to like this page.” Select “See All.” This allows you to invite friends based on “Recent Interaction,” “location,” or a group to which they belong. Ask others to do the same.
- Update your username When you update your page username, you give it a clean name free of hyphens and a number string. Do this by visiting https://www.facebook.com/username and giving the page you select the name you’d like.
You can go from this: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Innovative-Educator/150269418336196
to this https://www.facebook.com/TheInnovativeEducator
- Promote your page Have a budget? You may want to promote your page. You can budget as much as you want or as little as $5 per day. Doing this will guarantee more likes to your page. Visit https://www.facebook.com/business/promoted-like
- Update your status daily When people visit your page, you want them to see it has activity. Post at least once a day. You can schedule your posts in advance using the new post schedule feature. If you’re unsure what to say, use this status engine http://www.postplanner.com/app-features/facebook-status-ideas-engine for ideas.
- Reply to all comments, posts, messages
Responding to members is one of the best ways to engage them and keep them coming back. Don’t forget to tag those you are responding too by typing an “@” before their name.
- Post events Post face-to-face and virtual events on your page. This way your members can find additional opportunities to connect and it adds value to your page as one stop to keep current.
- Tag people you think would be interested in a post When you write a post, tag those you think may be interested in what you are sharing. Ideally you may want to include in your post something that that calls for a response.
- Write interesting posts
You want to share content that will engage members. This infographic has 14 suggestions for doing just that http://www.marismith.com/14-ways-get-more-facebook-shares. You may also want to get ideas from pages you “Like” that have engaging content. The Art of Learning https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Learning/402701759761659 is one such page from which you might get ideas.
- Call to action
Call upon page members to help get more likes. Ask them to invite others and share posts and events.
- Include the Facebook url in everything! If you want people to like your Facebook page, you have to tell them about it. Do this by updating all your print and online material and ensure it lets people know how to find you on Facebook. This includes print such as stationery, business cards, brochures, newsletters as well as digital spaces such as your website, blog, and Twitter account.
Following these ten tips will help connect you with members that will bring your page to life. Are any of these ideas new to you? Do you have ideas not included here that have been successful for attracting likes? If so, please share.