The Quest is a catalyst that challenges students:
Students who accept this challenge will know that they matter and that they can make a difference in our world.
What makes a good quest?
Ask yourself three questions.
1) Does your quest change the world for the better?
- Great ideas dare to question the normal ways of doing things.
- They also dare us to do things that many others may disagree with.
- We're looking for rule breakers who are working hard to bring their big idea to light.
2) What have you done in the real world with your idea?
- We're looking for stories about things that have actually happened (as opposed to things you want to have happen).
- Stories of failing are welcome too - especially if you picked yourself up and kept on going.
- That's because true innovation comes from trying things all the time, and most of us can't make our big ideas real without making mistakes along the way.
3) Can you get personal and tell a great story?
- Great social change begins with something personal.
- We'll be looking for students who can share a first-hand story (preferably through video) and inspire others to make their own impact.
Will there be prizes?
- The primary motivation for students to participate in the Quest2Matter is the burning desire to matter and to change our world by solving problems that break their heart. This is not a "contest" where a "winner" "gets" a prize. This is a quest, where the whole world wins, because all of the participants share their genius with the world.
- Some student quests will be highlighted on the Choose2Matter or Quest2Matter Website or in publications of our partners.
- Other student quests will be honored at ceremonies to be held in September 2013 at the BAMMY Awards in Washington DC and the Business Innovation Factory Summit in Providence, RI. Up to five students per selected quest will be invited to attend these ceremonies. We will assist the students behind Spotlighted Quests with fundraising to help subsidize the cost of attending these ceremonies, although there is no assurance that adequate funds can be raised to meet travel costs.
How do I get started?
- Students register for the Quest via the registration page here.
- This account may be for one young person or a group.
- Students then embark on a quest to solve a problem that breaks their heart.
- The students then upload to www.Yoursphere.com/Quest2Matter a blog post, a picture, a video, or any other form of media - that captures their quest.
- The Quest2Matter will run through June 7, 2013. Students are invited to continue submitting quests after the end date, but these quests will not be considered for Spotlight Quests.