Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Who Do You Tweet to When @Twitter @Support Is Your Problem? Please RT.

Twitter has been an essential platform for me in building my professional learning network and share ideas. It also has come in handy when seeking customer service support. Especially when I need support from large companies like airlines, utilities, cable, and more. 

For the past few weeks the customer service support I am seeking is support with Twitter. For some reason when I post a link or photo Twitter thinks my message is automated and will not allow me to send the message.  

Here is an example: 
save image

I Tweeted to @Twitter @Support.  I also filled out tickets to which I receive this response:

save image

The issue is recognized by Twitter:

save image

But the message above is only connected to developers.

Nothing I do has worked so far.  Twitter's customer support seems to not exist. 

When Facebook Live stopped working on my Facebook account, I wrote about that and the feature was restored that after being inactive for a few weeks. 

I am hoping writing this post about my inability to Tweet photos or links will have an equally positive outcome.  If you have any ideas, (please!!!!) share in the comments.  

6 comments:

  1. Lisa,

    Maybe a third-party service would solve the problem? I've used HootSuite for years to manage Twitter and I haven't had any issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of that, but on HootSuite I can't tag folks in a post like I can in Twitter. That is a vital function for writing a targeted Tweet.

      Delete
  2. You can use third party services for solving and managing your twitter and any other professional accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I recently lost some Twitter functionality . Specifically, I was unable to follow anyone new or retweet anyone else. Of course, those are functions I use regularly. I submitted support tickets, tweeted at Twitter, followed the directions to change my password and 'reset' my account but nothing worked. It was so frustrating. The issue finally resolved itself, but I never received anything other than automated responses from Twitter. I will definitely share your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ironically, I just tweeted @support last night to try to resolve an issue we're having. I've been tweeting and emailed (former CEO) about this for over a year and no resolution. I could also use some help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think there's anything you can do on your end to fix this problem. It appears to me that Twitter has flagged this site as unsafe. As far as I can tell, there's nothing unsafe about it. I suspect Twitter has flagged this site as I went back in your Twitter timeline and every link going back into at least August (and probably all the way back) which pointed to your site was marked unsafe. The Twitter support link which discusses this problem is at https://support.twitter.com/articles/90491 . It says file a case form for spam ( https://support.twitter.com/forms/spam ) if it's your website that's being flagged as unsafe. That's the form I would suggest to use. And I wouldn't hesitate to file it every few days, if necessary, if you're not hearing back from them. Best of luck and hope this problem gets resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete