First develop a plan to work with students who do not own cell phones or did not have plans that allowed unlimited texting and worked to include them in all activities. Below are possible solutions you can incorporate into your plan.
7 Ideas for Teaching in a One-to-Some Environment
- Checking out a device from school i.e. laptop, iTouch, cell phone
- Connecting with community businesses willing to provide students with afterschool access to technology.
- Connecting students with mentors who could ensure students had access to technology.
- Partnerships with local library.
- Outreach to cell phone providers to donate minutes/equipment for students in need.
- Setting a place in the school (i.e. library, lab, classroom) for after school/ before school access to school technology.
- Partnering classmates who can share technology.