Monday, December 31, 2012

The Innovative Educator's 10 Memorable Quotes of 2012

A well formed quote, like a picture, is a great method for painting detailed concepts. Each year I capture quotes that had meaning to me that year. 
This year, I've collected a hodgepodge of quotes that made their way into the "Quotes I like" memo on my phone. Here they are.
  1. Study without desire spoils the memory, and retains nothing it takes in. -Leonardo da Vinci
  2. The only difference between a dream and reality is making it happen. -Jeff Pulver
  3. Hard work is a waste of time if your idea sucks. -Mark Fenske
  4. Schools do a great job of criminalizing non criminal behavior. -Chris Lehmann
  5. Please take responsibility for the energy you bring into this space. - Jill Bolte Taylor
  6. It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
  7. Zero tolerance = zero understanding. -SLA Student at Educon
  8. Practice doesn't make perfect but perfect practice makes perfect. -Vince Lombardi
  9. When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life. -John Lennon
  10. Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible. -Richard P. Feynman

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this Lisa. Regarding the line: "Nothing will change if we allow the government to impose these destructive practices." Doesn't government's imposition of these practices seem especially ironic now following the fiscal debacle, which came on the heels of the most insipid, melodramatic, deceitful, sinfully-expensive, embarrassment of an election cycle.

    Should organizations as dysfunctional as the US Congress, and many state-level legislatures really be dictating how teachers should run their classrooms, or superintendents run their districts, when they seem incapable of performing their own jobs without succumbing to corrupting influences?

    ReplyDelete