Monday, December 31, 2012

The Innovative Educator's 10 Memorable Quotes of 2012

A well formed quote, like a picture, is a great method for painting detailed concepts. Each year I capture quotes that had meaning to me that year. 
This year, I've collected a hodgepodge of quotes that made their way into the "Quotes I like" memo on my phone. Here they are.
  1. Study without desire spoils the memory, and retains nothing it takes in. -Leonardo da Vinci
  2. The only difference between a dream and reality is making it happen. -Jeff Pulver
  3. Hard work is a waste of time if your idea sucks. -Mark Fenske
  4. Schools do a great job of criminalizing non criminal behavior. -Chris Lehmann
  5. Please take responsibility for the energy you bring into this space. - Jill Bolte Taylor
  6. It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
  7. Zero tolerance = zero understanding. -SLA Student at Educon
  8. Practice doesn't make perfect but perfect practice makes perfect. -Vince Lombardi
  9. When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life. -John Lennon
  10. Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible. -Richard P. Feynman
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...