The toolkit, has useful resources that will be helpful regardless of what city or town you work in. It highlights creative and effective social media use by schools with a focus on Twitter and Facebook.
The toolkit includes:
- A "Social Media Trailblazer" video series.
- Sending mass text messages via Twitter
- Teaching social media ettiquette
- Managing a school Twitter page
- Social media resources for Twitter and Facebook
- Thought exercises for principals
- Guidance on School Social Media for principals:
- A school's principal is the only person with the authority to authorize an official school social media presence.
- Principals who authorize a school presence on social media are ultimately responsible for its content and maintenance.
- Principals who delegate all or part of maintaining their school's social media presence should think through their decisions carefully utilizing the resources in this toolkit, including the thought exercises below.
You can checkout the toolkit by visiting http://www.cps.edu/pages/socialmediatoolkit.aspx