You can try it out for yourself here by texting in ideas for using cell phones to learn.
Wiffiti allows you to bring this exciting technology to any student with access to text messaging for free. In short Wiffiti publishes real time messages to screens anywhere on any screen and this can be a tremendously powerful educational tool.
Ideas for Using Wiffiti with Students
1) Have students share their ideas regarding an acceptable use policy.
2) Have students share hypothesis about a subject the class is studying.
3) At the conclusion of a unit, have students share what they have learned.
4) Have weekly shout outs to recognize student achievement.
Here's How to Get Started
- Students don't need to sign in. They just text their answer to the Wiffiti code you share with them.
- Teachers can simply sign in by clicking "Log in with Facebook" or setting up an account with a username, email, and password.
- Once signed in select, "Make a Screen" (http://wiffiti.com/screens/make)
- Give your screen a Title and select publish.
- You will be given a url and text that users can use to contribute to your screen.