Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Innovative Educator Awarded as a Top Innovator in Education

Top 50 Education Innovator Award - Online Colleges

April 12th, 2010, Philadelphia, PA – The Innovative Educator has recently been honored to receive eCollegeFinder.org’s Education Innovator Award.  The Education Innovator Award recognizes the top 50 Internet-based resources that contribute to the advancement of learning into new and innovative formats.  By promoting the emerging trends in education, The Innovative Educator facilitates such change by building on traditional techniques while embracing new tools for sharing information and encouraging the desire to learn. 

 

The Innovative Educator epitomizes the role of an educational pioneer, as it engages students, educators and parents alike, and highlights the myriad of educational opportunities available today.  The Education Innovator Award recognizes The Innovative Educator’s exploration of new educational methods, as this willingness to embrace new learning formats truly embodies the innovator spirit.  To view more about the award, visit the eCollegeFinder Education Innovator Award page.

 

About eCollegeFinder.org

Getting ahead in today's competitive job market requires you to advance your education and knowledge. eCollegeFinder.org helps students find the right online degrees, offering a wide range of Bachelor’s, Masters and PhD degrees as well as specialized certificates and diplomas from the top accredited online colleges and universities.


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Although, you have to admit—it's a wee bit redundant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interestingly, choose any blog in that top 50 and you'll find it indistinguishable from any other on that list. There's little evidence of debate or skepticism, which is sad coming from scholars, who are supposed to question everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @marksrightbrain, I think it's in the presentation. I focus on educating innovatively in ways that will engage learners and sharing ideas that will help teachers in doing so. That doesn't mean behind the scenes debates aren't happening and of or that I'm not combating issues about which I'm skeptical. I choose to handle that more privately and share with my readers in a positive and helpful way.

    To provide a bit of insight, most all of my posts are written with at least one person in mind who I know I am supporting and who will find what I wrote helpful. I think if there's one, there may be others...and there usually are. That is what drives me. I don't get money from doing this. My only reward is that I can share ideas that can help educators and their students.

    Perhaps that's what it takes to be awarded as an education innovator. Perhaps not. Either way, I'll plug along doing my bit to share ideas with those who are interested and if I get an award for doing so, that's icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your blog provides useful information to educators interested in using technology to engage children in learning. Additionally, your blog covers a wide range of topics and shares links from varying resources. In short, there is something for everyone. Keep on innovating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally find consensus boring and not very scholarly, so if anyone wishes to openly debate the issues regarding usage (or over-usage)of certain technology (the kind driven by Madison Avenue) currently glutting the mass market, please visit my blog. I would hate to think that I am the only educator concerned with cell phone EM effects on the brains of children and how sedentary lifestyles caused by too much computer/TV/game time contribute to the rise in obesity among children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mark I agree with you that the rising epidemic of both childhood and adult obesity is a very serious issue that should not be taken lightly. In all honesty there are many causes that have brought on this rising epidemic. This epidemic has more to do with how foods are prepared nowadays and the reduction of fitness programs across schools in America. Having said that, technology can actually be used to reverse this alarming trend. In a number of school districts the Wii Fit successfully helped students become more physically active and live a healthier lifestyle. Similarly, there are a number of social networking sites that can be used to promote exercise and the consumption of healthy food. Additionally, the iPod Touch has many applications that can be used to help participants track their running pace and other activities.

    ReplyDelete